Details and registration at www.WeLoveMarriage.com.
The Art of Marriage® is a one-and-a-half day video event built on the same Biblically based content as Family Life’s Weekend to Remember marriage getaway. Designed to be used by churches, small groups or as a community wide event,
The Art of Marriage brings together some of the most respected and influential pastors and experts on marriage and family all in one setting. It also brings a fresh approach to a video event by weaving together some of the following elements to help couples fully experience God’s design for marriage:
- engaging stories
- real-life testimonies
- man-on-the-street interviews
- humorous vignettes
The Art of Marriage consists of six video sessions and an accompanying manual that provides couples with projects to help apply the principles taught during each session. The manual is also designed for couples to use after the event by offering articles, date night ideas, and useful tips for continuing to strengthen their marriage.
Session 1: love happens (purpose of marriage)
God designed marriage and has a great plan in mind.
The primary purpose of marriage is to reflect God’s glory to a watching world.
It is important to receive your mate as God’s perfect gift for you.
Session 2: love fades (drift to isolation)
Couples naturally drift toward isolation.
Our differences and weaknesses push us apart.
Sin has affected every marriage.
The gospel brings healing and reconciliation
- Couples must learn to walk by the power of the Holy Spirit in marriage.
Session 3: love dances (roles)
- God designed different responsibilities for men and women in marriage.
Though their responsibilities are different, men and women are still equal in value.
God calls men to sacrificially love and lead their wives.
- God calls women to respect and support their husbands.
Session 4: love interrupted (communication)
Conflict is common to all marriages.
The goal is not to be conflict-free but to learn to handle conflict correctly when it occurs.
Healthy conflict resolution occurs when couples are willing to seek and grant forgiveness.
Session 5: love sizzles (romance and sex)
- God created sex and has a wonderful design in mind.
- A satisfying sex life is the result of a satisfying marriage relationship.
- The ultimate purpose of sex is to bring pleasure and glory to God.
Session 6: love always (legacy)
- To leave a godly legacy, we must think about the impact of our lives on future generations.
- Our hope for leaving a lasting legacy is through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Leaving a godly legacy requires putting a stake in the ground.